Dealer Services Coordinator
The Montana Auto Dealers Association (Association) has a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with an experienced mentor who is willing to take someone completely unskilled in the auto or association industry, and help them gain skills and knowledge that will serve them throughout their career – whether or not that career is in the auto, association industry or elsewhere.
The Dealer Services Coordinator serves as an ambassador from the Association to the owners and employees of car dealerships state-wide. They are to proactively do all they can to help the dealerships be successful.
The selected candidate will:
- interact with Association members (i.e. – car dealerships) to serve them and meet their needs;
- assist the Executive Vice President of the Association in attaining health, life and accident insurance for Association members;
- assist vendors to successfully serve car dealerships, encouraging vendors to be responsive and dealerships to utilize provided vendor services and products;
- develop and implement strategies and tactics for the successful sales of marketing specialties to dealerships;
- lead fundraising efforts for the state and local political action committee;
- develop and present seminars on a variety of topics;
- produce monthly newsletters to dealers;
- assist Association members in any areas in which they may have questions;
- may have the opportunity to assist the Executive VP in lobbying efforts on behalf of the Association;
- develop content, schedule and address all logistics for meetings with dealers, including annual dealers’ convention.
Note: Some of the above may seem overwhelming…it is important to note that the Executive VP is willing to work hand-in-hand with the right candidate to help them develop / strengthen their skills and knowledge to be successful in supporting Association members.
What we’re looking for:
- strong work ethic;
- superior interpersonal skills;
- strong written communication skills;
- not afraid to learn new things;
- the ability, willingness and patience to learn and implement practices and programs new to them;
- willing to work until the job is done;
- customer service mentality;
Experience or licensing in the following areas preferred but not required:
- Professional communication
- Event planning experience
- Sales experience
- Health insurance licensure and/or insurance sales experience
- State-wide travel up to 20% of the time
- Bachelors Degree in business (Finance, Economics, Accounting, HR, or similar) or equivalent work experience.
The position is located in Helena, Montana (population 31,000+), and offers a competitive salary and benefit package including paid vacation, paid sick leave, seven paid holidays each year, 100% of employee health insurance paid and a 401(k) with 6% Association contribution (with employee contribution of 2%) after one year. The successful candidate must successfully pass a background check prior to joining the Association. (Successful passage determined solely by the MTADA Executive Vice President.)
To Express Interest in this Opportunity:
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to avp@MTADA.com